If you know me, I’m a huge DIY beauty person. I barely ever buy face masks or skincare items if I can make them at home using natural and simple ingredients. It 1) Is fun! 2) saves money 3) is so much better for your health 4) a lot of times works way better!
That being said, there are two DIY natural beauty books that I have used and loved for so long, and I really wanted to share with all my fellow skincare gurus out there! They have so many amazing, easy, and really effective skincare recipes, information, and tips, and have truly changed the way that I take care of my skin.
Doesn’t that name just make you want it? I bought this several years ago and I have never regretted the purchase! It is my favorite DIY beauty book of all time and full of great and helpful resources. I have made so many different beauty recipes from this book, using ingredients in my kitchen and I can’t say that one of them has been bad.
Everything from green tea to coffee to honey, there is a section for extra special face loving ingredient inside the recipe packed book. Not just DIYs for your face either, there are recipes for your hair, body, and even DIY makeup! Honestly, this book covers everything.
She also uses essential oils in some of the recipes once in a while too which is a total plus! (But, make sure you only get the very BEST quality ones – find my favorite here!). I 100% encourage you to try this book out – you can thank me later!
A sneak peak from Hello Glow…
Some content covered in this book:
- Skincare basics + how to care best for your specific skin type.
- Information on main beauty ingredients.
- Resources & tools.
- Tips & skin problem identification
Some of the natural beauty DIYs…
- Foaming Honey Cleanser
- Rose + Aloe Vera Post-Workout Face Wipes
- Hibiscus Bliss Whipped Moisturizer
- Acai Berry + Honey Mask
- Sunkissed Foundation Powder
- Cozy Vanilla-Chai Body Oil
- Tropical Paradise Mango Scrub
- Aromatic Jasmine-Aloe Shower Gel
- Seed + Bean Exfoliating Lotion Bars
- Customizable Dry Shampoo
- Nourishing Peach Scalp Scrub
- Sunshine-in-a-Bottle Sea Mist
- Rose Water Anti-Frizz Spray
And that’s only a fraction of the amazing beauty recipes in Hello Glow! I’m not trying to sell you on it- I truly just love it so much!
Everything in this DIY beauty book is made with coconut oil – one of my favorite skincare and cooking ingredients! I got this book from my sweet friend and I really am so happy about it. I can’t wait to continue trying out all the recipes!
So far I’ve tried the coconut oil + honey cleanser and exfoliator and the coconut oil face massage and wow. It was so good. There are even smoothie + food recipes for healthy skin and tips for how you can take better care of your physical and mental health!
I definitely recommend this lovely little book to anyone who is interested to try out natural skincare with coconut oil!
A sneak peek from Natural Beauty with Coconut Oil…
Some of the content covered in this book:
- Inner + outer self care and health.
- Why natural is so important.
- Why coconut oil is so amazing.
- Tips, resources, recipes, and more for a healthy lifestyle.
Some of the natural beauty DIYs…
- Coconut & Honey Cleanser
- Maca and Cacao Brightening Face Mask
- Papaya Exoliating Lotion
- Coconut Oil Lip Balm
- Rasberry Ripple Mask
- Green Tea Bath Bombs
- Coconut Oil Shaving Cream
- Aftersun Soother
- Stretch Mark Cream
- Citrus Foot Soak
- Honey and ACV Cuticle Cream
- Honey and Coconut Hair Mask
- DIY Salt Spray
- Dandruff Blitzing Treatment
Writing this is now making me want to have a complete at home spa day!
I hope that you enjoyed seeing my favorite natural beauty books and that it inspired you to get your beauty DIY on! Let me know your thoughts + questions in the comments below!