I sat on my floor and started crying. Too overwhelmed with lies and pressure and expectations. I had looked in the mirror far too many times letting the voice of the enemy take root in me.
“Too blemished and flawed to be loved”
“Too different to be liked”
“Too scarred to be beautiful”
“Too ugly to be wanted”
“Too ‘not enough’ “
Lies. Lies that have been believed and accepted for too long. And I was done. I am a child of God, the Devil can’t touch me – so he’s making me self destruct.
Worthless lies. I am already free through Christ (Gal. 5), not to be enslaved to lies and fear.
Yes, I’m scarred.
Yes, I’m different.
Yes, I’m flawed.
Yes, I’m not perfect.
But did Jesus care about that when He redeemed me with His love? Did He have second thoughts when He called me beautiful and beloved one? Did he go to prepare a place for me for me to be left out? Did He die for me to keep believing lies? Did He conquer death and rise in victory for me to stay in my grave? NO. Who the Son sets free is free indeed (John 8:36). I am a child of God, a new creation (2 Cor. 5:17). Whose opinion matters when I have His? Why should I let lies drown out His beautiful truth and love that He sings over me? (Zeph. 3:17).
You are altogether beautiful, my darling; there is no flaw in you.Solomon 4:7
He calls me
- beloved (Col. 3:12)
- friend (John 15:15)
- worthy (1 Cor. 6:11)
- daughter (2 Cor. 6:18)
- treasured (Prov. 31:10)
- redeemed (Is. 44:22)
- beautiful (Sol. 4:7)
- child (John 1:12)
- known (Ps. 139: 13-16)
- pure (1 John. 3:3)
- chosen (1 Thess. 1:4)
- HIS (Is. 43:1)
- holy & blameless (Eph. 1:4)
- precious (Is. 43:4)
- accepted (Romans 15:7)
- NOT condemned (Rom. 8:1)
- victorious (1 Cor. 15:55, 1 John 5:4)
- called by name (Is. 43:1)
- sealed with promise (Eph. 1:13)
- ALIVE (Eph. 2:5)
- a light (1 Thess. 5:5)
- not forsaken & never forgotten (Is. 49:26, Is. 44:21)
- forgiven (Eph. 1:7)
- loved beyond measure (Jer. 31:3)
- strengthened (Ps. 46:5)
- rejoiced & sung over (Zeph. 3:17)
- grace, great grace (John 1:16)
- an eternal inheritance (Eph. 1:11)
- redemption & forgiveness ( 1 John 1:19)
- a purpose and calling (Is. 42:7-6, Jer. 29:11)
- wisdom and insight (Eph. 1:8)
- every spiritual blessing (Eph. 1: 3-14)
- abundance (2 Cor. 9:8)
- joy forevermore (Rom. 15:13, 1 Peter 1: 8-9)
- perfect peace (John 16:33)
- the Holy Spirit (Eph. 1:13)
- OVERWHELMING LOVE ( Rom. 5:8)
- promises of His faithfulness (2 Peter 1:4)
After writing all of this truth down in my journal, I cried, rejoiced, asked for forgiveness, cried again, and just sat overwhelmed (in the best of ways) by His indescribable love for me. For the first time in a while, I listened to Him singing over me.
I want you to soak up those priceless lists of truth. Go back over them slowly. Take time to look up the verses and really sink yourself into them. I know it’s a lot, but the beginning to overcoming the lies of the enemy is by filling up your heart and mind with His truth. Cry, rejoice, be overwhelmed, forgive and be forgiven, and experience the freedom of His love and truth for you.
Listen to these songs
- With You – Elevation Worship
- We Dance -Bethel & Steffany Gretzinger
- Out of Hiding – Steffany Gretzinger
- This Love – Housefires
- Come to the River – Housefires
Overcome those lies with His love, beautiful girl. Step into truth and victory. Bask in His sunlight.
You are precious in my eyes, and honored, and I love you.Isaiah 43:4
I pray that this spoke life and truth into your heart today! I’m so glad that I can share my struggles and growth so that it can encourage others. Let me know your thoughts + questions in the comments below. Want to talk privately? Chat with me here.