This recipe is about to blow all traditional brownie/blondie recipes away. You know how sometimes something is just above words-above explaining because it just wouldn’t give it justice? This is the same for this almond butter chocolate chip blondie recipe. It’s one of my favorite desserts ever. Sound dramatic? Just wait and see.
The yum it’s made up of…
The ingredient list is so ridiculously simple and short. Just a few wholesome, complementing ingredients will make up the most perfect recipe- no need for a long ol’ list of complicating elements. The simpler the better!
- Almond butter – This is the heart of the recipe, and so it’s super important to get the right kind. I love to use MaraNatha Crunchy Almond Butter for this recipe as it doesn’t have an overwhelming and bitter almondy taste like some do.
- Raw honey – The perfect sweetener for healthy desserts! Make sure that you have raw and organic honey. I recommend raw honey from orange blossoms- it tastes and smells like heaven.
- Chocolate chips – Without these babies, the recipe would be so incomplete. Make sure that you don’t over do it though, because then it can be too sweet and overwhelming.
- Eggs – Adds some protein and binding power, though if you’re vegan, you can try using flax eggs instead (1 tbs ground flax seed + 3 tbs lukewarm water. let it sit for 5 min until thick and gooey), though I don’t know how it would work out.
And that’s basically it for the ingredients! Isn’t that the most crazy simple and delicious recipe list ever? I’m too excited for you to try these blondies out, so instead of talking forever about how much I love them, let’s just make it!
Serves: 9-12 / Prep time: 5 min / Cook time: 25-30 min
- 16 oz of almond butter ( 2 cups )
- 1 cup raw honey
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips ( 1/4 cup reserved for topping)
- Preheat oven to 325° and grease a 9×13 baking pan with coconut oil or butter.
- In a large bowl blend almond butter with a hand blender until smooth, creamy, and soft. Add the honey, eggs, salt, and baking soda and continue blending until it’s completely combined. Fold in 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Pour into greased pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips on the top. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- NOTE: It will rise a lot, but once it’s taken out it will fall and be very gooey and soft. Make sure that you let it cool for at least 20-30 minutes before cutting into it otherwise it will be a huge mess. Enjoy!
I hope that you loved this healthy (yet totally indulgent) recipe! Be sure to let me know if you try it out and/or have any suggestions or questions!
What favorite dessert recipe would you like me to recreate into a healthy version?
*All photos in this post are by me – please ask before using*