My skin has been needing some serious TLC lately. It’s been inflamed, oily, and congested feeling and I finally did something about it because that is not okay. Anyone else feel the same way? I think that we can sometimes get so distracted and focused on something that we forget to take care of ourselves and be mindful of what is happening with our bodies. It’s totally normal to do, but not necessarily healthy. Make sure that when your body is giving you signals that you don’t ignore them, but be mindful of them. Sometimes we need to take a breather and just relax and reset.
So on with the face mask, this is one of my favorites. I mean, come on, there is COFFEE in it!
But seriously, let’s take a look at all of the amazing ingredients that it’s made of!
- Coffee grounds – Did you know that coffee grounds actually can help detoxify your skin? How crazy cool is that? Plus, it smells heavenly.
- Bentonite clay – This is the best face mask ingredient for those with acne, oily, and troubled skin. It draws out gunk, detoxifys, and soothes inflamed skin.
- Raw honey – Honey is an amazing food. It contains anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, and soothing properties. Plus it brings softness, smoothness, and radiance.
- *Orange oil – This is the ultimate glow-getter oil my friends! This lightens blemishes, targets oily, congested skin and blackheads, and brings such a natural glow.
Make sure to use a good exfoliator before applying the mask. It makes such a difference in how the ingredients can soak into your skin when you exfoliate the dead skin cells and gunk off first.
- 1 tbs ground coffee
- 1 tbs bentonite clay
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1 drop YL Orange Oil
- 1-2 tsp filtered water or rose water
- Mix all of the ingredients together until a wet paste forms. You may need to add more or less water to get the right consistency. It should be spreadable and soft. Neither watery or super thick.
- Apply to face, keeping away from the eyes, and leave on for 20 minutes. Wash off gently with warm water.
- Apply your favorite serum and moisturizer afterward! (Here are some good recipes)
I hope that you enjoyed this face mask recipe! Make sure to drop a comment for me below if you are a fan of face masks as well and plan on trying this one out!