Banana bread is one of my favorite things to bake. More than cookies, muffins, cake, you name it, banana bread makes the top of the list for me. Why? Maybe it’s because of the natural sweetness coming from the bananas, or the magic of cutting a huge steaming slice and breathing in the warm, sweet aroma.
Either way, banana bread is honestly my weakness. Just ask my mom. I ate half of the loaf in one night. (I”m gonna have to to some more cardio pilates to work that off 😂). And just so you know, I normally have crazy self control over stuff, but man let me tell ya, banana bread, roasted sweet potato, and fresh fruit are dangerous around me.
I have been craving sweet stuff so much lately, and I don’t mean candy and ice cream. I mean super fudgey avocado brownies, homemade cookie dough, and basically anything that is healthy and dripping with ooey gooey goodness or steaming with sweet, rich heavenlyness.
And that’s exactly what this banana bread is. This is the most perfect, crazy easy recipe for when you’re having those same cravings. It’s satisfying, sooo delicious, and most of all, nourishing. This recipe is basically 5 ingredients, but there several optional add ins that I totally recommend for an even better banana bread loaf. Oh, and did I mention that you make it in the blender? 🙌🏻
This recipe is from the Baker Mama and was slightly tweaked by me.
Serves: 1 loaf- about 8-10 slices / Prep time: 5 minutes / Cook time: 30-40 minutes
- 3 medium to large ripe bananas
- 2 cups of whole rolled oats
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease a loaf pan ( size doesn’t really matter, just a medium one or a 9×5)
- Blend all ingredients in blender until smooth
- Pour into greased loaf pan and place in oven for 30-40 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool for 15 minutes in the pan, then take out and let it cool for 5 minutes more on a wire rack or cutting board. Cut into slices and enjoy!
Let me know in the comments below what you think of this super easy and healthy banana bread! What’s your favorite comfort food?
More posts like this to check out: