I know, I know, it’s winter, why have cold smoothies? 1. Your home probably has a heater 2. Even though you probably only want to have soup and bread, you still need fiber, vitamins, minerals, and all the good stuff from your greens, nuts, and seeds 3. This smoothie is AMAZING!! I did a three day detox in November where I had smoothies, salads, and everything raw and vegan for three days ( and took detox baths every night) and it was such an amazing reset! I felt so good. I made this smoothies two out of the three morning because it’s sooo good. Pineapple is super sweet already, so it needs no extra sweetener and you can’t even taste the spinach. I added chia seeds because, um, they’re amazing too, and with a splash of almond milk, it’s a perfect blend. This is a great vitamin and fiber boost for any and every time of the day and a great pre or post workout snack. I hope you enjoy!
Serves: 1 Prep time: 5 min Cook time: 0 min
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1 small banana
- 1 scoop protein powder ( I love Sun Warrior but totally optional)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups plant based milk ( I love Califia almond milk, coconut milk, and oat milk)
- Toss everything in the blender and blend until smooth and creamy. I like super thick smoothies so I don’t add very much milk, but add as much as you like depending on your thickness/texture preferences.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy! ( I like to use a big thick stainless steal straw to drink my smoothies FYI ).