Pineapple. What comes to mind when you hear word that (or read in this case)? I think of; tropical, juicy, sweet, happy, refreshing, palm trees, paradise. Well, did you know that you can also think of it as; full of antioxidants, PACKED full of vitamins, enzymes, ant- inflammatory, immune system boosting, and even has some anti- cancerous properties (source). How awesome is that? Even more awesome when it can be used in a face mask and have all the same properties for your face. Here are the amazing benefits of putting it on your skin:
So, with that said, lets move on to the other beneficial ingredients in this face mask!
🍍 Pineapple- Like I said, amazing for your skin and packed full of vitamins, antioxidants, and enzymes
🍍 Baking soda– a perfect exfoliated, cleanser, and skin brightener (source)
🍍 Bentonite clay– It draws out toxins, reduces large pores, soothes acne and fades blemishes, and tones and tightens skin. (source)
🍍 Activated Charcoal– Full of cleansing and dirt eliminating properties, activated charcoal is wonderful at deep cleansing pores, clearing up acne, and getting rid of those nasty blackheads. (source)
🍍 Raw Honey– Healing, anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, and extremely nourishing and softening to skin. (source)
🍍 Apple Cider Vinegar– Prevents acne, tones skin, eliminates toxins, and fades age spots and blemishes (source)
🍍 **Lemon essential oil– acne and blackhead fighting, lightens skin, and reduces oiliness
Now, some tips before whipping up this awesome face mask:
- Do a patch test. Everyone’s skin sensitivity is different and you always want to be on the safe side. So before slathering over your whole face, do a patch test on your cheek or jawline and let it sit for a couple minutes. You shouldn’t experience any sensitivity unless you are sunburned or have opened wounds (such as pimples that have been scratched or popped). If the baking soda you use isn’t aluminum free, it may cause skin sensitivity too.
- Use at night. Lemon oil is amazing for your skin, but putting in on and then going out in sun will cause dark spots (that take months to go away) and skin sensitivity. I use lemon oil on my face during my nighttime skin care routine and never have a problem, but during the daytime, I wouldn’t take the risk.
- Steam your face before applying to open up pores and have the best results!
Be sure to check out this honey and clay face scrub to exfoliate before hand!
Now for the face mask! (an easier version of this face mask would be just combining the clay, honey, and ACV if you don’t have all of the ingredients)
- 1 tbs pineapple juice
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp bentonite clay
- 1/4 tsp activated charcoal powder (or one capsule)
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- **1-2 drops Young Living Lemon EO ( I don’t use any other essential oil brand and I can’t say that any other type is safe to use on your skin)
🍍 Put the pineapple juice and baking soda together in a small bowl. Let it fizz and calm down, then add the bentonite clay ( use a plastic or wooden spoon to mix because metal interferes with the properties of clay), charcoal, honey, apple cider vinegar, and **lemon oil and mix together thoroughly until smooth. Add a tad of water if it’s too thick.
🍍Once it’s a good consistency, put your hair up out of your face and use your clean fingers or a small spatula/popsicle stick, and spread over your entire face, going around your eyes and under eyes, in an even layer.
🍍Let it sit for 15-20 minutes and lay back and relax. Watch a chic flick, read a book, sip some tea, do some blog posts or scribbling in your planner, do your nails, or take a bath. You deserve it from all the hustling you do!
🍍Once it’s time to take it off, use a warm wash cloth and just hold it on your face for a little bit to soften everything up. Then get some more warm water on the cloth and gently hold and wipe, and rinse cloth until your face is clean. Then put on your favorite moisturizer and finish your nighttime routine!
(an easier version of this face mask would be just combining the clay, honey, and ACV)
** To learn more about Young Living essential oils and why I only recommend them, click here!
I hope you enjoyed this tropical superfood mask! If you tried it out, be sure to let me know! What face masks do you love?
More Posts to check out:
2 responses to “Pineapple Charcoal Clay face mask🍍🌴☀️”
I want to share this with the people I work with. We sell bentonite clay and activated charcoal.
Sent from my iPhone
LikeLiked by 1 person
I would be happy to have you share it! Thanks for commenting- Hope Leilani