This granola is sooo yummy and sticks together sooo well. You won’t even notice that there’s no grain or processed sugar in it! It is inspired by Megan Gilmore’s The Everyday Detox book which has so many healthy recipes. One thing that I love about baking is that almost all recipes are so versatile and customizable to whatever you like- and this granola is one of those recipes for sure! You can make it as simple or creative as you like and it is packed with good -for -you ingredients. Also, it is super duper easy and quick to make, so you can whip it up anytime you want!
- 2 cups pecans ( or any other nut preference)
- 2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds or hemp hearts
- 1/2 cup dried goji berries or other dried fruit ( optional)
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 250°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Coarsely chop the pecans ( or other nut) leaving some large chunks for texture.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl and spread evenly onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through to evenly cook. When the granola is lightly golden, remove from the oven and let it cool and harden completely.
- Break granola into pieces and eat fresh with almond milk and sliced banana or transfer to a container and store room temperature up to three days or in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. Enjoy!
More yummy recipes like this to love!