Apparrently, avocado toast has been the new rave on social media. I decided to make it again because I missed it! It is a super easy, nutritional, and delicious breakfast (or lunch) to whip up with all different kinds of toppings!
- whole grain bread
- avocados ( for my family of 5, I used 21/2)
- mayonnaise ( optional)
- seasonings ( I used salt, pepper, onion powder and paprika)
- Preheat oven or convection oven to 350
- lightly butter bread and cut avocado into thin slices
- Heat cast iron pan on low with a thin layer of avocado, olive, or coconut oil
- cook eggs on low, covered for about 10 min ( I like over hard, but for sunny side up, cook for a less amount of time)
- cook bread until desired crunchiness ( I did about 10 min)
- First slide egg onto the toast, then spread avocado over it. Add seasonings and any other desired toppings. Enjoy!